7 Simple Steps To Track and Create A Google Ad Campaigns
One of the questions we frequently get asked is how to create a Google Ad campaign. While Google Ads can be a complex setup, we have simplified the process into seven simple steps to create and track your Google Ads campaign. Before you get started, we highly recommend that you have most, if not all, of the following tools setup and integrated together. If you don’t, no worries! We can help. Here are the four tools you need to get started.
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Search Console
- Google Business Profile
These four tools are important because they allow Google Ads to properly track ad campaign performance. If you don’t know how to set these up or need help, we can provide affordable services to get them set up in no time. Just click here to request a free 30 minute consultation. Google Analytics 4 (also known as GA4) is the most critical of these four because it tracks events and conversions on your website which is most commonly where you will send people who view your ads. Next, Google Tag Manager is second most important because you can create custom events and conversions to generate more insightful data to help you understand how people are interacting with your website. The Google Search Console is going to provide you greater insights into which pages are performing the best, which keywords and searches people are using to find your website, and more. It’s a great tool but can be hard to set up if you aren’t familiar with DNS records or some of the more technical website elements. Lastly, Google Business Profile is great if you want to gather Google Reviews or track who is calling your phone number listed in Search Ads or Local Service Ads.
Now, for the seven steps you actually came for, how to create a Google Ad campaign.
To create a Google ad campaign for your business, you’ll need to follow these seven steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click on the “Campaigns” tab, and then click on the blue “+” button to create a new campaign.
- Select the “Search” network, and then choose a campaign type that aligns with your goals. For example, if you want to drive traffic to your website, you could choose the “Website traffic” campaign type.
- Choose a target location and language for your campaign, and then set a daily budget and bid amount that you’re comfortable with.
- Create your ad groups, and then write compelling ad text that highlights the features and benefits of your product/service. Be sure to include relevant keywords in your ad text to help your ads show up in relevant search results.
- Set up your ad extensions, which can include additional information about your business, such as your location, phone number, or other useful details.
- Once your campaign is set up, you can start tracking its performance and make adjustments as needed to improve its effectiveness.
Overall, creating a Google ad campaign for business requires a combination of strategic planning, ad copywriting, and performance tracking. By following the steps outlined above, you can create an effective ad campaign that helps you reach your target audience and promote your product/service to potential customers. Make sure to have the proper analytics tools set up so that you can gather, analyze, and make decisions based on actionable data.